Friday, September 5, 2008

Random Facts...

I got tagged by the loverly Tamara with this meme so...here ya go...

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
HERE ARE THE SEVEN FACTS!
  1. I have my belly-button pierced. Yep, when I was 33 (Wow! that was 10 years ago), I decided to reclaim my body and love and accept it with all its' lumps, bumps and wrinkles. The two things that I did to celebrate this newfound acceptance/freedom was to get my belly-button pierced and buy a two piece swimsuit. It really was a revelation for me to have these positive thoughts about my own body.
  2. Every once in a while, when I'm making oatmeal for my breakfast, I eat a big spoonful (or two or three) of brown sugar right out of the jar. It's so delicious.
  3. I used to pretend that I was Mexican when I was a little girl. My parents were both born in Mexico so I always had this fantasy that I was this brown-skinned, spanish speaking nina. One day I will learn to speak Spanish to at least fulfill part of this fantasy!
  4. I had tea in the Sahara and threw up in the Nile. Good one!!!
  5. I used to sing in a Sweet Adelines choir (and may try it again one day). Love, love, love vocal harmony.
  6. I met Whoopi Goldberg.
  7. I would choose Ashley Judd to play me in a movie version of my life:) Hey, why not???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah why not :)

Thanks for the heads up not to drink Egyptian tea! You met Whoopi Goldberg? I love her films but I'm a stranger to her standup... was she friendly?

bodalorna said...

Yes, she was very friendly. We were invited to her standup performance through our business bank and the perk was that we got to meet Whoop at a private reception afterwards. We didn't chat too much but she was pretty normal/down to earth-y. I'm trying to find my pic of me and her but it's disappeared into cyberspace!

Carol Browne said...

You threw up in the Nile? AWESOME! Also, I love the Mexican thing. I'll get to my 7 things very soon. Thanks for tagging me!