Monday, September 22, 2008

As big as a dinner plate!


Have you seen the dahlias growing out there? I swear some are as big as a dinner plate. They are so beautiful. I discovered these on my walk to work the other morning...
Did I ever mention that my world is full of virgos? It's true - George and Barb are actually exactly the same age (september babies) and there's several other friends and rellies whose births are honoured every year at this time. As much as some of you might think that I'm a party girl, the boring truth of it is that (as much as I do enjoy my wine), I rarely get a chance to play with my friends. Saturday night was the rare exception. (oh, I guess last weekend too;) Anyways, there was lots of laughing and dancing with the girls and a few boys as well at my friend, Bear's birthday party on Saturday night. Crazy silliness - so much fun! And I just had to walk across the street at the end of the night - perfect!
Sunday we celebrated my nephew, Trevor's 15th birthday - really??? 15 years??? I can hardly believe it. George and I were in Budapest, Hungary when he was born. I kept calling home from each stop on our trip (much to my sister-in-laws chagrin!) to see if my nephew had arrived yet. When I finally got the news, I told everyone on the streets of Budapest that I was now an aunt! They couldn't understand a word I was saying but I'm sure they could see by the big smile on my face that we were celebrating a very special event!!! Happy Birthday Trevor!

3 comments:

Way Out Wear said...

That's because September is 9 months after Christmas and New Years and let's just say, um, that some people parents 'celebrated' and then there were babies born in September! Oh that's my unscientific theory. what do you think?

PS - yes the dahlias are gorgeous and some of them are even called 'dinner plate variety'.

Cynthia F said...

Beautiful flowers!!
& that's funny about Virgos- I myself am surrounded by Cancers and am one myself.... funny! :))

bodalorna said...

my little corner - hmmm...I think you might be right about the baby timing thing.
Oh, and I love that some of those flowers are actually named 'dinner plate'. Maybe I'll get some of those for myself next year.
big girl feet - thanks! Funny, I don't know many cancers. It's strange how life is like that.