Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All's Quiet...

It's so perfectly quiet here right now. I'm learning how important that is for me. I need those quiet times to regroup, re-energize and figure out what just happened:)
Yesterday was one of my LONG days. Up at 5:15am to catch the 6:20 ferry. Barb and I spoke on two panels at this fantastic networking conference, SHOP Symposium from about 9:30 - 11:30ish. WOW! We were surrounded by beautiful, intelligent and inspiring women both on and off stage. Love doing this - it really affirms what it is we do and the impact we can have if we get out there. Having women come up to you and say, "Thank you so much - that really helped me". How could I ever have known that my path would lead here?
A funnier comment was, "did you ever think you would be a celebrity?" I started laughing since obviously, she must be joking, right? But when I looked at her, she was waiting for my honest response. What do you say to that? "Ummm, no?"
After lunch we stayed and watched some other panels discuss the whole new world of Social Media and the impact it can have on your biz. A bit overwhelming but kinda exciting too. Twitter...here I come!
Great connects for future business, great inspiration from powerful women and great to get the hell outta there at the end of the day! My overstimulation sensor is quite low these days so at a certain point, with so many people around and no escape in sight - I need to bolt. Arriving home last night to our little haven was the best cure. Now, time to process, remember and allow...
And, it's a sunny day!

1 comment:

Way Out Wear said...

Wow - that's terrific.
And now that you're a celebrity - don't forget us little people, 'kay?