Monday, April 6, 2009

Finally...this is what I've been waiting for!

Sunday, Sunday...Sitting outside on the back patio in the sunshine,

with friends,

and a beer,

and some bbq'd wings,

and some Bob Marley,

YESSSSSS!

Today, I put my hummingbird feeder up after a hummingbird whizzed noisily past my head while I was out thinking about where to plant my new bulbs. Can't wait to watch them feed! OH! OH! OH! - I just watched one land and have a sip! Yay.

Today's been a catch up day. Had guests all weekend again which was great so today is back to the reality of emptying the laundry basket, dishwasher, recycling...and getting some more vitamin d in the back yard. Our uber-gardener neighbour stopped by last week with a big bag full of coffee grounds (thanks Starbucks!) to add to our flower beds. Apparently it's very good for the soil so that was another project I crossed off my to-do list today. http://www.sustainableenterprises.com/Business/coffeefert.htm

Oh yeah, I also caulked around the windows on the outside of the house. Am I handy, or what?!?

George is on his way home and the sun is still shining. Maybe it will be warm enough to dine outside this evening? Or is that pushing it:)? Hope you all had a fantastic weekend.

xo

Oh yeah, we also had the ceremonial planting of our lilac tree this weekend. I LOVE lilacs!

3 comments:

Blasé said...

ONE hummingbird is cute...but more than one vying for the 'sweet juice' is like watching the Air Force on a raid. Congrats on the weekend you've been waiting for.

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

Yes! I really want to put up a hummingbird feeder. I love those little guys! AND Lilacs are my favourite too. I have to plant one in my yard too. Just like you:)

Way Out Wear said...

Sounds wonderful. We've had hummingbirds coming by for a couple of weeks - they are so cool. And I love lilacs too - maybe where you live other people won't steal them like they do on my street (from my yard! )