Monday, March 16, 2009

I Didn't Do Anything Wrong...

I've been accused of cheating. Or at least that's what it feels like. My intentions are pure and pretty clear but the other person seems to be acting from fear and past experience. I get that.

What I don't understand is my regression to that shamed feeling of me as a 7 year old girl who's just been accused of copying the answers by my teacher and no amount of explanation will convince her otherwise. (I wasn't copying!)

My heart is thumping, my face feels flushed. I didn't do anything wrong so why does it feel like I have to apologize and 'over-the-top' make up for their insecurity? How do 'normal' people react to being confronted unfairly? Me, my head feels like it's going to explode and I have no resource of confidence or words until much, much later and the opportunity is lost.


I was having a pretty good day...thanks for listening:)

3 comments:

Cynthia F said...

Oh poop- I hate when crap like that happens- I hope you get it sorted out... :))

Way Out Wear said...

Oh no! That's a HUGE accusation! I'm so sorry. That kind of thing really, really bothers me - I have a hard time letting go of it (sometimes for years). I hope they apologize and you can work it out.

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

You DIDN'T do anything wrong. This issue is not yours. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out...