Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Harvest and Running for the Cure!

Another jam-packed weekend!
Friday night I picked up our tees and numbers at the Running Room on Broadway for the Sunday run and since we were already in the 'hood, we decided to revisit one of our favourite restaurants, The Red Door on Granville Street. Seven Flavour Beef, Red Door Sweet Chili Chicken, Sichuan Beans=delicious.
Saturday morning the sun gods prevailed and let us enjoy a great game of golf at Musqueum with our friends, Lorraine and Greg. I GOT A BIRDY!!! The downpour came as soon as we got to the sponsoring Cheshire Cheese Inn/bar. These guys put on a great tournament with fantastic goody bags, lunch and prizes for everyone. So much fun!
Sunday morning came early and once again we were blessed with another dry day. George drove Sandy and I down to Concord Pacific Place to join about 13,000 others who were going to run/walk/roll/raise cash for the cure. I have to say, 5 km is so much easier than 10. That sounds obvious but...I really like the 5k. Not that it was easy by any means, but we met our goal of running 4/walking 1 for the whole time and came in just under 40 minutes. Considering that this was the longest I've run this year, not too bad! What an amazing event to be a part of. So many stories of survival, so many others honoring ones who didn't make it. My favourite moments? Getting hugs from the "free hugs" sign holders, the amazing choir at the start/finish line, seeing my friends cheering me on from the side line, the bands along the way, the male sprinter wearing the fushia prom dress (a great distraction at the 3 km mark!), crossing the finish line strong, and getting to know a new friend! Our hearty brunch was well-earned. Thanks to all of you who supported me with good wishes, donations and cheers at the start line! So much appreciated:)
Now...off to bootcamp. OMG - my legs are tired!

4 comments:

Way Out Wear said...

Wow! You had a busy and productive weekend! Good for you for running yesterday! I'm so proud of you!

bodalorna said...

aw, thanks mlc!

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

Sooo proud of you for running that 5K!! You are amazing!

bodalorna said...

thanks Barbie!