Thursday, October 2, 2008

Warning - extreme graphic violence!

Well, maybe I have an unusually sensitive psyche but this movie disturbed me for days after seeing it. It wasn't something that I'd been looking forward to seeing - it was a free movie matinee through a friends' work. (I'm not mentioning names here to protect the innocent:) I'd never heard of it and had no idea what we were in for. I'll tell you what we got - incredibly violent and graphic violence from the first scene to the last. I almost walked out half way through but it would have disrupted too many people (in hindsight, I should've just left anyway). The storyline was actually interesting and the acting definitely impressive but did the close-up, graphic, blood-splattering violence enhance the movie in any way for me? Absolutely not! The movie? Pride and Glory Just so you know...

And now for something a bit lighter - It's Love Thursday...so take a moment today to say thank you, smile at the stranger walking towards you on the street, lend a helping hand and embrace the love that surrounds you! Happy Day to you...

2 comments:

Carol Browne said...

Thanks for the reminder of Love Thursday. I need to do more of that today. I've had a weird few days of feeling uncomfortable because of other people's bad moods. Stopping and thinking about what I'm grateful for is just what I need. Thank you for this post.

Way Out Wear said...

Thanks for telling us about the movie, I don't think I'll be seeing that one.