Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We're Here! Woot woot!

Well...I think I'm finally ready to get back to my new normal! Cable's set-up, internet is set-up, my bed is made and feelin' pretty comfy - what more could I possibly need? I took a coupla pix of some of the finished rooms so you can all have a peek. I stayed home today to wait for the cable guy so had a whole day to putter by myself in the new digs. I kept having to give my head a shake. Is this really mine (ours)? I feel so blessed and lucky! Hope you are all drying out from that crazy rain storm - we had a few more inches to deal with in the basement when I went back to the old house yesterday. Won't miss that one little bit:)
Oh yeah, for those of you who were wondering where we were going to sleep on that final night at the house? We borrowed some blow-up mattresses and slept on the floor. Not too romantic or exciting:) The move went extremely seamlessly tho'. We and the movers caught the first ferry over (7:20am) and we were unloaded and they were gone by 9:30! Sweet...
Then we had the whole weekend to get sorted. Sunday, we finally had time (and the road was clear of snow) to check out the pathway down to the beach. It was a pretty nice 15 minute walk to a beautiful stretch of beach through a lovely forested area! I whistled the whole time to warn any curious bears or other such wild beings that I was happy and friendly so no need to bother with me. The walk back up the hill was not quite as pleasant as the way down (not much breath left for whistling:) but it will be my new challenge to get my cardio back in shape. I can't wait to explore more of this amazing place!
Lots more boxes to sort but so far, very happy.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a succesful move!!! I know exactly how you feel - we moved too, well nearly. Still so much junk left in the old house... I'm tempted to just throw a hand grenade at it and be done with it.

I love the photos, such a warm looking place :)

Way Out Wear said...

You've just moved in and you already have the table set with all the linens and everything? Wow, you are good!
Congratulations on the successful move!
Thanks for sharing the photos and wishing you many happy days in your new home.
15 minutes to the beach and all that nature sounds so wonderful - when does the bed and breakfast open up?

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

The place looks great!
I have to ask, is that a Blackberry in George's hand?? On the beach???
Wow, things do change. hehe

Cynthia F said...

Wow your place looks amazing! Congratulations again and happy new home!! xo

bodalorna said...

K8 - thanks so much and happy new home to you too. Great way to start the new year. Thanks for the hand grenade idea - not sure if the old landlords would approve tho:)
Denise - Thanks! I love having the dining room table set. We did it in the old place too but rarely actually sat in there - I think we'll do better here (you can see the tv from there:) You're welcome to come visit anytime - maybe you and Cynth could do a road trip one day?
BJ - yes, I thought that was a funny shot too. He was calling his mom but...he has become one of those people he regularly mocked:)
Miss Cynth - thanks! see road trip note above???