Thursday, January 8, 2009

Well...Here we go!

We noticed our basement had started flooding at about 9 o'clock last night. It wasn't a huge surprise - this is about the 4th time we've had water down there since we moved in 3 1/2 years ago and with the weather we've been having, all the ingredients were there. Just before that discovery, we had a call from our movers asking us if we could load Thursday (today!) instead of Friday morning!!! It actually makes sense so that we're good to go first thing Friday and don't have to worry about connecting ferries, etc. But...that meant some scrambling to get the packing done, things taken apart, plans for where to sleep (still not sure about that one), etc.

Once we noticed the flooding and starting wet-vac-ing it up, we decided that it needed to be attended to about every 2 hours. I did the 9/11/1 shifts and G. set his alarm to do the rest. So now it's almost 8 am and I'm exhausted (of course I woke up with G. each time his alarm went off), have a huge day ahead of me and have no idea where I'm sleeping tonight:)

The good news???...I'm moving into my new house tomorrow and this flooding will soon be a distant memory! I can't wait to see how our furniture fits in with the colours we chose for the walls. Gibsons, here we come! Happy Day to you.

4 comments:

Cynthia F said...

Hooray!! I hope everything goes smoothly and congrats on the big move and new house!!!! xo

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

Nothing like a flood to let you know you are making the right choice. Sorry you are sleepless, that's a drag.

Carol Browne said...

Yahoo! You are so close to being in.

I can't wait to hear where you sleep tonight after all this. I'm guessing a hotel somewhere.

Happy new house!

Way Out Wear said...

woo boy! what an experience!
But soon you'll be sitting in your new garden with a mai tai watching the ducks fly overhead and it'll all be in the distant past!

I hope you find a nice place to sleep tonight and sorry to hear about the flooding - that's very rough. I'm sending you strenght! (did you get it yet?)
take care of yourself too!