Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday on the Coast...

I love this pic so much, I'm posting it again - just bigger:)
It's a "work from home" day today. G. has his command central set up on the kitchen table - I think he's been up for hours, had a shower, already gone through a pot of coffee, had a conference call and is clicking away on his computer. I'm in the living room in my pj's (or pretty vintage peignoir set:), catching up on everyone's blogs and facebook, eating toast. I actually saw some sun when I first got up but the fog has settled in again. Our days in the city have been working pretty well so far - I just have to get used to the 5am start.
Since we still have our rental home in Vancouver until the end of the month, we've been putting off doing the final clearing/cleaning that needs doing. You know that bit? It's just crap left but it's your crap and needs to be dealt with? Can't I just move forward and let someone else deal with that? The landlord has been in there painting and putting in new carpet so as far as cleaning goes, I don't think I'll have to do much. The fact that he's had 3 weeks to work on the place on our dime makes me feel a little less guilty for not getting in there to finish up sooner. The next tenants will also benefit in a big way!
It looks like my mom and stepdad are going to come for a visit this weekend. I'm thinking I might put up a calendar to keep track of all these visits. Fun!
Oh...big congrats to Barbie and Superman for setting their wedding date. September 12, 2009 - her and George's birthdays. Very exciting! I can't wait...

1 comment:

Way Out Wear said...

Oh yes, do set up a calendar - how fun!
So great that you both can work from home.

And yes, the last trip to the old place always seems to drag out doesn't it?