Friday, January 16, 2009

Plans for the weekend...


We have our lovely friends, Karin and Franz joining us for dinner tonight and since she's a vegetarian (does like seafood), I was scrambling for a menu that will impress. (They always make the most amazing meals for us!) This recipe is a bit out of season but I think it will work beautifully and looks pretty, too. Hope I can do it justice. I will try to remember to take pix of my own so you can compare. I think I will also make Shrimp Sandwiches with Tarragon-Caper Mayonnaise.
Both recipes are from http://www.bonappetite.com/
The sun is starting to clear up the fog here in Gibsons and I think it's going to be a beautiful day! I've been listening to the fog horns all morning. I love that mournful sound. G. and I are playing around with how the commuting will best work for us. We've decided that on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will go into the city together on the first ferry (6:30am). He will make other arrangements for the days that I will work from home. This morning I drove him to the first ferry and his co-worker (hi Barb!!!) picked him up on the other side. Seemed to work ok and I got to get a couple more hours sleep after I dropped him off. It will take some time to get used to the early mornings but usually, once I'm up, it's all good. Seeing the sunshine today helps a LOT!
We're hoping to have a few more visitors this weekend - I'm really loving the idea of people coming over from the city and discovering this new place with us. Weird thing??? After living in apartments, condos, or in the city where people don't tend to have driveways, it's very strange when someone pulls up in your yard. You know immediately that they're coming to you. So far it's been the old owner, the meter reader, the cable guy and the realtor. Must get dressed now, just in case:) Waiting for a call from Welcome Wagon!!!

1 comment:

Way Out Wear said...

Oh a girlfriend told me about that - she went from living in Mission where no one visited them and moved to Langley - she said for about the first 2 months at least there were always people dropping in and all she wanted to do was to be in her PJs after 7pm!
So nice to hear that things went smoothly and you're adjusting nicely. Congratulations again!