Thursday, July 3, 2008

Updates - finally!

Wow! It's been an incredible several days. I'll try to make it interesting...
Saturday
George and I golfed in a tournament with some friends in Tsawwassen. It was intensely HOT but there was plenty of cold beer and adequate golfing (by me). I ended up with a 110 on a 69 par course. I know that doesn't sound great but for me...it rocked!

Sunday
BeautiControl Spa Party - which means six lovely ladies in my living room eating juicy cherries, grapes, strawberry shortcake and chocolate brownies while having mini-facials, manicures and foot moisturizers. I ended up signing up to be a distributor so stay tuned for more info on this really great product.

Monday
George had to work in the morning so I went for a swim at Kits Pool and then we ended up going out to the boat in the early afternoon for a sail. We managed to hide behind the sail for the first bit as the sun was pretty brutal but once again, the beer was cold (don't worry - we're very responsible sailors).

Check out my new beer holder!!! That cruise ship was pretty far away but still freaky - they're so HUGE (& we're so not)!

Tuesday - CANADA DAY!
We had our annual neighbourhood block party. It was pretty fun! We have a very multi-cultural street so there's always lots of great food. We had also applied for and received a community grant (they're very easy to get so I highly recommend you trying this in your area) and this year's community project was these pretty birdhouses. Everyone had a go at building and painting them and now they're adorning all of the trees on our block. I hope the birds enjoy them! The evening ended with a firepit in the street (we'd closed it off to traffic) and a good old-fashioned singalong.
Wednesday
True Colors Concert at Deer Lake Park
This - for me- was amazing!!!! I think I'll fill you in on the deets tomorrow. I saw Rosie O'Donnell!!!!!!!!! Pix to come...

No comments: