Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's been a day...


Well...Barb and I were on our way to see Norm and Cynthia in Mission when we got very stuck in some crazy traffic - apparently a crane had "collapsed" on the highway and they'd closed both directions! We ended up being over an hour late for our lunch date (if you know me at all, you know that stresses me quite a lot - don't like to keep anyone waiting and am usually the first one at any event/party). Thankfully, we had the perfect hosts who offered up yummy rum-licious drinks upon our arrival and a delicious chicken burger and fruity salad lunch. Lots of laughs, funny stories and 'maybe one more of those yummy rum drinks, please' later, I relaxed and had such a loverly time. Thanks so much Cynth and Norm. Great to see you Denise! And Barb...you're a fantastic driving, stuck-in-traffic, laughing-at-everyone-and-everything companion.
Tag ladies, you're it!!!

4 comments:

Carol Browne said...

Hey...that looks like fun! Woot. Will you all be there on Saturday as well? I hope so.

bodalorna said...

Unfortunately we won't make the party on Saturday. Sounds like great fun tho'.

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

Even the traffic jam was fun. You crazy girl!

Cynthia F said...

It was so great to see you guys and I'm so sorry about the traffic mess! one of the drawbacks of living out here for sure. We weren't waiting, just hanging out, talking knitting and such...! Well, Denise & I were anyways- LOL!
Thank you so much for coming, it was so great to see you both and I hope we can see you again sooner than later.. :))
xoxo