Friday, July 4, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...and we Did! (and so did the boys)

Went to the True Colors Concert in Deer Lake Park on Wednesday and it was awesome! Here's a fantastic review from the Vancouver Sun. Yesterday's Province review truly didn't get it. Highlights for me - Rosie O'Donnell! She rocked in every way. From the moment she came off her tour bus and waved to us in line (I was jumping up and down, shouting "Hi Rosie!") to her stand up performance and finally her energetic drumming to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - she definitely hit the mark. Her stand up was funny, touching, challenging and honest. I had tears streaming down my cheeks through the whole thing. For most of the concert, we were sitting about half way back on the grass with a good view of all but not too close up in the crazy crowds - but for Rosie's bit, I snuck up to about 6th row and just sat there, taking a few pics and soaking it all in. It's weird, I know, but I'm pretty sure we would be good friends:) I don't usually have these crazy fan tendencies but...there you go. Sometimes things just feel connected.
Oh yeah, Carson Kressley of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy fame was hilarious as the host. And...Sarah McLaughlin and Cyndi Lauper singing Time After Time together.
The B-52's also rocked! They were one of the first bands George and I listened to together on one of our first dates about 18 years ago!
Here are some pix...(just so you know - George and I are not attached at the head, it just seems that way sometimes:)
The last one is of me in the limo on the way home - there were no taxis to be found!

No comments: