Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Heavenly Days at the Lake...

My friends invited me to join them at Sproat Lake this past weekend and since George is away in England all week, I decided to take them up on the offer. It was a fantastic time - one of those 'everybody-gets-everybody-lots-of-laughing-singing-dancing-drinking-swimming-eating' kinds of times. I didn't know everyone very well which made me a bit shy about crashing their party but it worked. I made some great new friends.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE swimming in lakes??? Well, in case you haven't heard, I LOVE SWIMMING IN LAKES! I even fulfilled my summer goal of skinny dipping (quickly and alone last night while everyone else was around the camp fire). How magical is that - I just laid in the water laughing to myself - feeling all free-spirit-y and naughty! (The pic above is me in a swimsuit so don't waste your time trying to enlarge:) Hope you all had a great weekend and are enjoying this cleansing rain.

last night's yummy dinner (Kathleen and Wilma's delicious chicken with rice, salad and corn-on-the-cob) I learned a brilliant new trick about using a big lump of butter on a slice of bread to butter your corn (apparently its from Martha Stewart)

Click here for more pix...

No comments: