Monday, February 2, 2009

Hello Froggy!

My mother-in-law and I checked out the Roberts Creek Flea Market this weekend and I picked up a few things.
First and foremost - these frogs were calling my name! I thought they were pretty cute so asked "how much?" and the funky vendor fella said "take the whole batch for $1"! Can't tell you how excited I was to be the proud owner of 15 mini frogs on wires! They are each only about 1" in length so I thought that I could tuck them into the plants that I plan on filling our home with. Humour me here...

Next, I added two matching teacups to my new teacup collection. I absolutely love the colours and how delicate they are...I also think they fit in perfectly with the others on my window sil. Teacup collection - complete!

I also picked up a bag of Jerusalem Artichokes (sunroots) which I'd never tried before. They have the texture of radish but with a much milder, sweeter flavour.
Also...a flour sifter for $1, a bag of "korean purple" garlic and a dogwood tree - a gift from my mil. Pretty fun -

Saturday was such a beautiful day with amazing views of the water - impressed the hell out of the in-laws. I think they feel better about us being a bit further away now.

Can't believe it snowed yesterday! C.R.A.Z.Y.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Cynthia F said...

Ooooh cool! I love your teacups on the window sill! And the lil froggies and goodies you found- very fun!!
:)))

Way Out Wear said...

What a wonderful blog post. The frogs are adorable and the tea cups are gorgeous. So nice you enjoying your island life - very nice, very nice.