Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Life of a Super Model (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Got up at 5am yesterday to prepare for a full day in the city. Caught up on business stuff in the am and had a nice late breakfast with Barb at Helen's Grill on Main & 25th. I was soooo cold from working in the back room at the store and the lovely owner did everything in her power to warm me up from sitting me right in front of the heat vent, turning the heat up and bringing me a steaming pot of tea. I felt very taken care of (and oh so much warmer).
That seemed to be the theme of the day - being taken care of.
At 1 pm, we were scheduled for our photo shoot for the cover of the March issue of Today's Vancouver Woman - read Barb's account here. We were surrounded by strong, intelligent, competent women (including our own manager, Brandy) who's sole purpose was to help us look our best. It was pretty fun and also, as Barb mentioned, hard work. Not complaining here - I'm honoured to be given the privilege of having this experience and live to tell the tale:) You really do start to feel like somethin' special tho', when you've got so many hands available to you - hair, make-up, buckling my shoes, smoothing that crease! I can see how this might go to someone's head - not mine of course! I was brought back down to reality pretty quickly as I was tearing off my fake eyelashes in the car on the way to catch the 7:30pm ferry.
Once we arrived home, exhausted and pretty hungry, George decided to surprise me by heating up the split pea soup I'd made the day before. Unfortunately, the elements on our new stove are waaay hotter than in our old house so the soup quickly became a burnt, stinky mess! I love that he cared enough to surprise me - and he cleaned up the kitchen so I didn't even have to deal with it (see the being taken care of theme here?) I'm so lucky. I can and do take care of myself - no concern there - but how nice to be thought of kindly, whether it's a cup of tea, the hot bath run for you, a gentle foot rub, or the truffle and glass of port delivered with a kiss at the end of a long and interesting day - yup, he did that too!!! My reality seems to suit me just fine - thank you very much:)

2 comments:

Way Out Wear said...

oh oh oh! I am so jealous!

Nah, you deserve it. Obviously you must treat people very well that they want to reciprocate.

Congratulations on the great day!

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

niiiiiiiice.....