Wednesday, May 28, 2008

tryin' to get back on track

I thought I had become one of those people. You know the ones. They get up effortlessly every morning and go for a run or climb a mountain or swim 50 laps. I'd convinced myself by the end of last year that that was me. I was running pretty regularly, had completed some long running events and was feeling pretty damn good about myself. And then...poof - it was all over. It feels like I just missed a week or two but in reality it was probably a month or two - and I looked down at my body and was surprised by the change - back to where I'd started. I know, I know...I'm the first one to say, 'love your body right now, as it is' and I'm usually pretty good at that but I was feeling so HEALTHY and my clothes were fitting me differently. I don't think I even changed much in size but everything just felt 'right-er'. Anyway, I'm back at it. I want to feel that ease again. Not begrudging the stairs or choosing to stay home on the couch instead of going for a walk or bike ride. I've run/walked twice this week and I have to say it's easier this time than starting all over. I guess I had more in reserve than I thought. I already feel better - getting oxygen into the lungs is always a good thing! I'm choosing for it to not be a chore - my mantra when I'm running is, "with ease" and it makes such a difference than saying, "this is so hard!".
So...here's a picture of me completing a 10k last year just to show myself that it can be done.
And now I'm going to eat some yummy oatmeal with blueberries! Enjoy your day and take the time to smell those beautiful spring flowers:)

1 comment:

Cynthia F said...

way to go!!! & you're inspiring me to get back on track too!!!