Thursday, May 15, 2008

I sold my car! (& welcome to the new site)



I think I'll be using this site from now on since I get to incorporate more photos. Thanks for joining me!

I went to a WOW workshop recently (women of worth) and the speaker talked about how you can create a life where things are easy. That life doesn't need to be hard. Well, I do believe that life fluctuates - sometimes easier, sometimes more difficult - and I appreciate those peaks and valleys but here's an example of pretty EEEAAAASSSSYYYY!!! This past weekend, George and I had discussed buying my brother's car (a honda civic) and selling the one we have. We'd agreed to get the bcaa test done on the civic and see if we wanted to proceed from there. In the meantime, I took our precidia in for it's overdue check-up/oil change, etc. Shortly after, I got a call saying there were some repairs (muffler) that needed to be done. The dilemna then became, should we invest more into the car if we're going to sell it, or not? We decided to sell without the repairs and I posted it on craig's list yesterday afternoon @ 1:03 pm. At 4:01 pm I received an email from an interested buyer. At 6:00, they came to look at the car and decided to buy it and came back with the cash at 8:00!!! They would have taken it at 6 but I needed the car to pick George up from the airport! It all happened so quickly, it seemed unreal. Now, we're carless until tomorrow when we go to get the new (to us) civic. It's weird how so many times in my life, I've had these experiences. I like to think that clear intention leads to 'with ease' but who knows why sometimes things just click? (when i picked George up at the airport, he said he'd just, a couple of minutes before said to his co-worker, "she's probably already sold the car!" :)

2 comments:

Cynthia F said...

awesome!!! I love it when things just "work" like that!!

Vannessa Gabbett said...

That's fast and easy indeed. Well, those instances do happen sometimes, but some are disrupted by unexpected events. After all, life is one big suspense movie. =) By the way, how do you find your newly-bought Civic?