Friday, May 30, 2008

A Big Bodacious Day!


Wow! I'm exhausted. We had a customer appreciation day at the store yesterday so we started early getting everything ready and ended late with a celebration of success...including a bit too much champagne:) It's so reassuring when a plan comes together and people actually 'show up'. I mean that in both senses. Showing up to shop is, of course, a huge priority. We need to pay the bills and our staff and ourselves. But the day yesterday was about more than that. Everyone - the customers, staff, passers by, neighbours - showed up in creating that feeling of fun, support and connectedness. That means so much more to me than people shopping. Women were laughing and helping each other out with style advice, dancing around in the clothes like they were having the time of their lives. Our staff were right there, 'showing up' for the customers, each other and us. Believe me, it's not always like that in retail but it happens alot at Bodacious. That was a goal that's been achieved - and I'm so pleased!

1 comment:

Cynthia F said...

Hooray! I'm so glad it went well!! You guys deserve all the success in the world!
xo