Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday, Monday...

I took a bunch of pictures of all of the gardening we did this weekend but my camera battery is dead and I can't find the charger so here's a pic from a couple of weeks ago. There's way more flower action now. Still nice, I think?
Had a pretty good weekend.
Went to the driving range early Saturday morning and then off to the Trout Lake Farmer's Market for the first time this year. What a beautiful market. If you haven't been, you should definitely check it out. There are so many plants - edible and beautiful - that are so inexpensive compared to the gardening centres. We bought 4 tomato plants, more petunias, nasturtiums, salvias and an air plant. I could have bought so much more! There's also great organic veg, baking, mushrooms, meats...It's a great way to kick start your Saturday and support local!
We watched two french movies over the weekend in preparation for our upcoming trip to Paris. Paris, Je T'Aime and Amelie. Definitely starting to get excited about visiting this beautiful city!
Yesterday Barb invited George and I to Eat! Vancouver at BC Place. Wow! So many foods, so many people, so yummy:) We sampled Mexican, Indian, Westcoast, Okanagan wines and local cheeses. Everywhere you turn, someone has some kind of fig jelly on a cracker or muskoxe jerky ready for you to try. It was pretty cool. We sat through a wine and cheese pairing put on by the Wine Diva which was yummy and I learned a few things too. OMG, that white cheddar was delicious!
I'd say one of the highlights of the weekend was just enjoying our back deck which we finally got cleaned up and comfie. I love it back there - it's usually quite calm and peaceful (except when we get invaded by the neighbours and all the kids:).
Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: