Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Season Begins...


Every year I drive out to Chilliwack early in December to decorate my mom's Christmas tree with her. Tuesday was the day. It's become one of the few traditions that we actually share consistently and it's always a really nice day. We put on all her favourite Christmas songs like "Six White Boomers!", pour ourselves a bailey's and coffee and set to work. Her tree is filled with festivity - more is good - and it always looks so pretty. This year she's added a nodding?, twinkling reindeer to her yard amongst all the other lights. Did I mention that more is good? Sometimes, if I'm lucky, she'll have a pot of borsht cooking and her delicious homemade buns. I was not to be disappointed this year. And there was enough to bring home for my George! Let the festivities begin!!!
Today is the day we put the deposit down for the house which means it will be officially a done deal - OMG! Possession date - December 19th.

3 comments:

Cynthia F said...

awww that's so cool about your tree tradition!
and congratulations on the house- soooo exciting! You'll have a new home for Christmas!!

Way Out Wear said...

Whhaaaat ! I think you should start a new tradition of bringing a few friends along.

I would so like to do that with my mom, she's hardly put anything up this year but she's too far away for me to help her.

It's so nice that you both can do that together! I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you.

And congratulations! I did that 10 years ago - Took possession on Dec 14 and moved in on the 17th - and was paiting my kitchen on Christmas eve!

bodalorna said...

Thanks guys! The good news about the house is that we're giving our notice for the end of January so we don't actually have to move over Christmas - we'd already planned to go to Victoria over the hols. Congrats on 10 years Denise!