Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Shoes and some other stuff!

As I was walking by the thrift store next door to Bodacious on Tuesday, I spotted two pairs of brand-spanking new shoes in my size that I love, love, loved (original tags still on for those of you who are concerned about wearing 'used' shoes:)! The silver ones are Franco Sarto's and I've been eyeing them for some time in the full price stores so imagine my excited surprise at this discovery (thank you thank you shoe fairies)!

I spent yesterday doing "research" for the store and hanging out with my cuz in White Rock and Langley. It's so much fun driving 'big momma' around and getting all sorts of attention!
We've been referring people to "Forever Yours" lingerie in Langley for years but had never actually checked it out in person so off we went. It was fun and painful at the same time. I was measured and fit for a bra which I haven't done in a few years so there was a bit of nudging, prodding and convincing that I was indeed 'that' size. I did end up with a pretty new and somewhat uplifting number as well as a couple of matching top and panty sets. So I guess I spent my $100 on new shoes and lingerie.

We also checked out "Lucy Clothing and Accessories" in Langley which is a pretty little plus-sized clothing store which carries a couple of the same lines as Bodacious. They definitely had some pretty dresses and tops but nothing that I couldn't resist at the mo'. I can't seem to find a link to their website.

While in Langley, we asked around for a referral to a good restaurant and the verdict seemed to be Choo Choo's. I have to say we were a bit skeptical but the referrals were good - and the burgers were AWESOME! The train theme - well...judge for yourself...here's an example of what's on the menu, "Ahh ... Choo-Choo's Burgers". Kinda cute / kinda gross???

We also stopped in at Jalisco Imports who were having an open house. This company is owned by one of the women that I went to Mexico with in March. It was really great to see her and see all of her beautiful products. I bought a 3 ft tall metal cactus for my mom for her birthday - shhh - don't tell!
We ended the day having dinner at Sideshows in White Rock - the only restaurant on the water side of the road - amazing views!
Shared appies and a coupla cold coronas in the hot sun - a perfect end to a day full of laughs, strange angry drivers, sunshine and lots of conversation!

(super star!)

No comments: