Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Spine-y Senses are Tingling!


When's the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed your pants? Well, for me, that was yesterday. Tears were streaming down my face and I could hardly breathe! It felt like I'd had a 20 minute workout. Here's why...I'd written a letter to someone that I hope to do some work with and because I felt such a connection to her request, I told her my "spine-y" senses were tingling. I thought that was the expression! I showed the letter to Barb (after I sent it) and she didn't really comment. It wasn't until a few hours after I'd sent the email that I realized it's "spide-y" senses! Ok, I'll admit I'm not a huge cartoon fan but once I realized it, it seemed pretty obvious. Why would I even use that expression? It's not like it's something I've ever said before in my LIFE! Thinking about that made me laugh even harder. When I asked Barb why she didn't say anything, she said she thought that it was a cute play on words. Again, I was almost driving off the road (oops, did I mention that I was driving when this laughing fit took over?) doubled over in laughter pain. I guess it's good that I can laugh at myself.
I highly recommend a laugh workout at least once a week. I was way overdue!

2 comments:

Ms.Barbara Jane said...

Like I said, if you were a prickly person it would be totally appropriate. That was a good hearty laugh all right. I don't know how you kept it on the road.

Cynthia F said...

That's so funny!!
My nephew cracked me up to that point a while ago, we were playing with him, holding him up while he was jumping on my lap and suddenly, his eyes drooped and he fell asleep mid jump- it was too cute... :))