Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lazy Sunday...

Hello friends! George just asked me why I don't blog any more so I thought I'd post an update on my whirlwind life these days. Things are moving fast and furious down at Molly's Lane where we set up a Bodacious booth in April. Last week I moved into an even larger space and on September 1st, we'll be setting up in the largest available space there as the woman who is currently there is vacating. I think it's almost as big as our Vancouver store and much less expensive so...very exciting and a great new challenge! In the meantime, I'm trying to get the word out here on the coast that we're here. Yesterday, that meant a first ever fashion show with a new friend/co-vendor, Verna (who's also been kicking my butt at boot camp:). Here are some pix for you.


We've also been enjoying getting to know some new friends. We've had a few weekends in between guests which left some time to actually get to know some locals. Lots of events including Gibsons Jazzfest, Sunshine Coast Youth Idol, frequenting the oyster bar down at Gibsons Harbour called Smitty's, and last night after the fashion show, we shared some wine, dancing and laughs with friends while listening to music in the park. So much better than I could have even hoped! Last weekend we even managed to go for a couple of quick dips in the ocean with my brother and his family. (quick because it was freakin' cold!!!) We've found our new favourite spot down at Robert's Creek beach and I can't wait to have a sunset dinner there sometime soon. Today however, is a dedicated lazy Sunday. A bit of housecleaning just so I can enjoy being here but that's about it. We did get to meet our new god-puppy (we're the god/dog-parents), Bean, this afternoon just after our lovely friends picked him up. Wheaton/poodle cross - soooo cute!
And that's about it - for now. How the heck are you?

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Way Out Wear said...

I think you live in Paradise!
You really need to blog MORE in such an exciting place with such an exciting life.
Congrats on the new space, I hope one day to be able to see it.
And a wheaton/poodle cross would be very cute (and curly!)

Cynthia F said...

Wow that is so awesome!! Very exciting!!!